- United Arab Emirates signed a contract for 24 Rafale combat jets ($7.2 billion)
- India ordered 36 Rafale ($9 billion)
- Egypt ordered 24 Rafale + 1 frigate
- Australia awarded DCNS, France’s shipbuilding firm a contract to replace 12 Shortfin Barracude A1 submarines ($38-50 billion).
- Since fighting began in Ukraine in February 2014, 14 of the 26 NATO members states have increased defence spending.
- Regularly use of french military hardware in West Africa and Syria provided potential clients with a regular view.