- A decision has been finalized for an order between 100 to 120 F-35s, (5th generation fighter) some of which will replace the fleet of F-4 and F-16 aircraft. The F-35s will be used in unison with the indigenous TF-X fighter planned for maiden flight in 2023, country’s centennial as a modern republic.
- Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) will continue its design efforts for Gokturk-3, Turkey’s first indigenous SAR satellite. Turkey launched its first high-resolution reconnaissance satellite, Gokturk-2, to space from China’s Jiuquan launch facility in 2012. Construction of a second satellite by Italy’s Telespazio with even higher capabilities, Gokturk-1, is scheduled for launch in late 2014.
- New contract negotiations were also awarded to Selah Makine shipyards for the construction of two logistics support ships,
- Ares shipyards are to build an undisclosed number of SEAL insertion boats, and MTA to procure two propulsion systems for the Turkish Navy’s Ada-class (also known as Milgem) corvettes.
- Negotiation are in progress with China, regarding it’s HQ-9 missile system in the frame of Turkish strategic T-LORAMIDS high-altitude missile defense system.